Monday, January 19, 2015

Revisiting Luneta's Orchidarium

The old Barbara's building and the pond
Grammatophyllum wall
I bring good news! The Orchidarium in Rizal Park has again opened its doors. I think it is now under a different management and they are charging a fee of 50 pesos per person as entrance fee. I don't remember if they charged entrance fees before when Barbara's was still operational in there. 

The old waterfall wall is without water
The gardens appear different though. It looks less lush than when I remembered it last.  It had lesser greens and some plants from before are no longer there. But to establish that it is an orchidarium, orchids are being established again there and I chanced upon one in bloom.  It is a Grammatophyllum which is known to be hard to make bloom in Manila.  I am hoping this is a good sign of new beginnings for the Orchidarium.  I hope the place will be worthy to exhibit the special species of native flora. 
Grammatophyllum in bloom

1 comment:

hou said...

The gardens appear different though. It looks less lush than when I remembered it last. It had lesser greens and some plants from before are no longer there. But to establish that it is an orchidarium, orchids are being established again there and I chanced upon one in bloom. It is a Grammatophyllum which is known to be hard to make bloom in Manila. I am hoping this is a good sign of new beginnings for the Orchidarium. I hope the place will be worthy to exhibit the special species of native flora.
SoPhone i6s EX, iPhone 6s Clone
VKworld VK6735X Review
MIJUE T200 Specs
Xiaomi Mi5
https://www.fastcardtech.com/xiaomi.html
xiaomi phones
xiaomi mi4c
xiaomi redmi note 3